- How will family dynamics change, specifically as Kid B becomes a middle child? Right now she's certainly demanding our time and attention and I feel I'm struggling to meet this current demand. When Kid C comes along we'll simply have less time for kids A and B.
- What if Kid C is a boy? We have two girls and I've never changed the nappy of a boy! And clothes, don't talk about clothes, I only have one nephew compared to five nieces – there simply isn't enough hand-me-downs to go around...and no boy of mine is wearing pink (unless the only alternative is a Carlton Footy Jumper).
- How do we fit three kids (and a Staffy) in the back of a Subaru Forester?
- How do we fit three kids, a Staffy, a stroller, a nappy bag and a portacot in the back of a Subaru Forester?
- How do we go camping with three kids, a staffy, a stroller, a nappy bag, a portacot, a tent and everything that comes with it, in the back of a Forester?
- How do we keep our business running when the key stakeholder is busy feeding a newborn?
- Then there's income. We're down to a single income family and the cost of nappies, formula, and all the rest aint cheap.
If you're a parent of three or more I'd love to hear about the challenges you faced and conquered when the kid-count moved past two. If you grew up in a similar sized family, what are your recollections of everyday family life?